I can’t tell you how many times my couples have asked what song they should use for their first dance. Well I think that depends on several things.
- Do you have a special song? This can be one that reminds you of when you first met, your first date, or even the first time you heard the word “I Love You.”
- What’s your favorite type of music. We often think first dance songs have to be slow, but if you are the type that likes to boogie, why not start your party off with boogieing to a smooth and groovy tune.
- Is your wedding following a certain theme/era? If so then you may want to get your inspiration from that! How cool would it be to dance to “It Had to Be You” at a Roaring ’20s themed wedding. I can see it now a swing band with someone belting out the tunes (sorry I just got lost in the moment, lol)
But if you’re still having trouble, below are 10 of my favorites that I’ve seen couples get get teary-eyed over the years while taking their first dance as man and wife!
- All My Life – K.C. and JoJo
- At Last – Etta James
- Can’t Take My Eyes Off You – Frankie Valli or Lauryn Hill remake
- Fly Me to the Moon – Frank Sinatra
- Lost Without You – Robin Thicke (this was actually used for my hubby and my first dance)
- For You – Kenny Latimore
- Let’s Stay Together – Al Green
- Your Song – Elton John
- So Amazing – Luther Vandross
- It Had to Be You – Billie Holiday
And so many more….Tell us what song you are considering for your first dance and why you chose it?