If you didn’t get a chance to take our “Bridal Style” test, take a few moments to look at our post from Saturday, March 8th.So what kind of bride are you?
- Mostly A’s you’re a Classic Bride
- Mostly B’s you’re an Eclectic Bride
- Mostly C’s you’re a Shabby Chic Bride
- Mostly D’s you’re a Contemporary Bride
• Classic is defined as traditional, enduring simple tailored lines in fashion year after year. This style is for the bride who is very traditional. Picture yourself walking down the aisle looking like a timeless piece of beauty. This style is ranked with grace and elegance.
• Eclectic is defined as deriving ideas, style, or taste from a broad and diverse range of sources. This style is for the bride who likes the cutting edge of things. Similar to having the clean lines such as the classic, this bride wants what’s hot!!! Love the thought of being married on the rooftop of a skyscraper and then dancing the night away in a contemporary loft style New York building? With the advance in technology, as well as, the expansion of extended families, brides have a wealth of resources at their fingertips which allows them to pull elements from all over the country or even all over the world. The key is YOU! Determine what elements are most important to you and work with your planner to create an event space of a lifetime.
• Shabby Chic = Vintage with a splash of femininity!!! Shabby Chic is where items are chosen for their appearance of age and signs of wear. This style is becoming very popular and can add so much character to a wedding. There are even wedding rental places that specialize in vintage items that add so much character. When I think of Shabby Chic colors I think of soft pinks, greens, distress white, and grays….soft colors.
• Contemporary is for the bride who is anything but traditional. Don’t picture your guys in tuxedos? Feel more comfortable with getting married in the meadow? The options are limitless with this style. How do you achieve it? Think of everything traditional and then do the opposite. This is for the bride who likes to go against the norm.
We’d love to get your feedback on what kind of bride you will be. Please leave us a comment!
And of course no matter what the style, adding a little bit of bling is my thing :). At Erika’s Elegance we love pulling our client’s concepts together. We would love to give you a hand in assisting with your special day. Contact us today!